Monday, March 14, 2011

Art is everywhere

We've got a decent amount of public art here in the Twin Cities.  Murals and graffiti decorate pockets of Minneapolis and St. Paul, especially in the neighborhoods that I work in, live in and drive through.  I wanted to document them in case businesses closed or the art was painted over. 

This image actually inspired this blog. 

Its all that's left of a butterfly mural on the corner of 36th and Nicollet in Minneapolis.  I've passed this wall for five years, and then one day it was gone. 















I hope to include information about the artists whenever possible.  If I make a mistake, or if you can attribute the artwork when I can't, please email me.  Also, if you know of any murals and graffiti in your neighborhood, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment